Saturday, January 24, 2015

Typology and writing



So I took the Jung Typology Test as part of an assignment and was somewhat surprised by the results. I was not too surprised to see that I scored rather high on the introvert or feeling. I was surprised by the intuitive score. I would not have expected it to be that low. While I am analytical I also am very in touch with my feelings and listen to my gut. The other result I was very surprised about was the score one for judging and perceiving.
I don't feel like this test compared to how I see myself as a writer. I actually tend to be more of an extrovert in my writing. I think this comes from the freewriting I do and the fact that writing can be somewhat liberating. Writing is a medium that allows the writer to go wherever they want and do whatever they do. As far as the intuitive aspect I am someone who is very analytical but at the same time I very much listen to my gut. I am someone who at times even struggles with these two aspects when making decisions. I would have to say overall I feel like I am more of a 50/50 feeling vs. thinking type of person. I am not really sure how to apply this result to myself as a writer or student. When it comes to judging over perceiving I am not sure how this to apply this as a writer. Maybe these are some of the things that I can learn in this class. In terms of this test overall I really don’t think I am going to learn much about myself as a writer but as I said maybe these are things that I can learn.

1 comment:

  1. Do not forget to back up what you state. For example, when you are not surprised in the comparison do not forget to share why you are not surprised. Always push to show us rather than merely tell us. Good work. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete