Sunday, March 1, 2015

Final post



This was an interesting project. There were times I would struggle to come up with something to write about. I see looking back, and I’m not surprised, that my entries were more of a free write style. I don’t think I am a good descriptive or creative writer. I admit I did not push myself to write and creative pieces but I could have and maybe should have. I mostly just would write about something that came to mind or something that I was thinking about or going through. I started off dreading this project but towards the end it wasn’t so bad. It was a way to put something out there, whatever I wanted. I hated it when I had trouble thinking about what to write and would sit and stare at the computer and start to write something and then after a few sentences erase it because I didn’t know where else to go with it. There were times that I phoned it in because I just wanted to get down a few hundred words about something and be done. I do have to say as the project went on I found it easier to write, for the most part- there were times when I had writers block. I also found myself writing more. Most of my earlier entries were shorter and did not have as much depth. I wrote about light topics such as a children’s movie and I wrote about very difficult things such as the loss of my son. I understand the point behind the assignment. Fluency. Like some of the readings we’ve had by practicing writing, the topic not being important, we improve our skills as writers. I definitely saw a progression and improvement in my entries throughout the weeks as the assignment went on. Overall I enjoyed the assignment but wish we could have just turned it in using the schools online site and not having to put it out on the internet where it can be seen by anybody. This honestly was the worst part of the assignment. I am very careful about what I post on the internet and I found myself often restricting myself and editing myself in terms of content because of this fact. I feel like this may have hurt my overall performance with this assignment but I wasn’t going to compromise myself for an assignment, so overall considering my feeling about this I feel that I did well.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent reflection. I am pleased to read that you found a difference in your earlier compared to later writings. This is a good think. Audience is difficult for some. Interestingly, as we move more and more into a social arena, electronically, students become more and more private when it comes to writing. It is something I am considering for future semesters. Thank you for your honesty. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete