Monday, February 9, 2015

2/9



When I am stressed and need to get away where do I go? Sometimes it’s literally a place such as my room or another room in the house off by myself. Sometimes it is a place in my mind. There are times when I simply need to be in a quiet comfortable space with my things surrounding me. Sometimes I just need to close my eyes to shut out whatever it is that is going on. There is something about just being surrounded by your own things that is so comforting. When I am stressed and need to get away sometimes all it takes it curling up with my blanket. There are times when it can wrap around me as if I was under a blanket of sun on a beach, far away. I can hear the soothing sound of the waves gently crashing onto the shore. I can feel the warm water washing over my feet as by toes bury in the sand. My own private island.
There are other times when I need more of an escape so I immerse myself in a whole other world. While some might see it as a waste of time, I like to daydream as an escape. I may imagine myself in a whole other life doing something that I would never do or imagine where my life might be in a few years. That’s the beauty of it, our own minds possess the power to take us anywhere we want to go, whenever we want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment