Sunday, February 22, 2015

Those 3 words-2/22



I love you. It’s a small phrase, just three words. Some say these words are said too often, thus making them more meaningless. I don’t know if I agree with this. There are different kinds of love: love for family, love for friends, love for your significant other, love for a favorite band, etc. What else describes such passion and admiration for the people and things we love? I understand the thought behind the premise that this phrase is said to much because just like almost anything the more we are exposed to it the less “special” it may seem. I agree that some people say it way too often, like about almost everything. I love this, I love that, I love these, I love them, etc. Sometimes it is a bit overkill but then again some people are just passionate, maybe even a little too passionate like to the point of annoyance. I mean you (constantly) say you love the fries at McDonald’s so are you comparing me to a fry? Ok McDonald’s does have the best fries so bad example but you get where I am coming from when people say it’s said too often.
I am fond of saying “I love you”. I say it to my family all the time. To me it is something that I say to let those people know how I feel. Some people might argue that you don’t have to say it for people to know how you feel, and while this may be true and I can understand where this comes from, I still believe that if you feel something you can say it. There is nothing wrong with telling someone how you feel. Sometimes there is a time and place and for such things as well. There are other times when I suppose it may not ill advised but for the most part there is not a bad time to say “I love you”. This may sound kind of morbid but even if I am mad at say my husband I always make sure to end the conversation with I love you because I want that to be that last thing I say/hear/remember. Like I said may be morbid to think in terms of mortality for a simple phrase but it has such power and meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment