Wednesday, February 4, 2015

4.1.1



What is a credo? Credo is actually Latin for "I Believe" and is a statement(s) that represents one’s beliefs and ideas. Basically it’s the beliefs and ideas that guide someone’s life.What type of statement represents me? What defines me? What makes me how I am? Values, beliefs, principles. What do I believe in? What are things I value? I am a mother first and foremost. I am a wife and value my husband and marriage/relationship. Family, friends, loyalty, love-represents Claddagh. Claddagh is an old Celtic symbol of a hands holding a heart with a crown. The hands represent friendship, the heart represents love and the crown represents loyalty. I have been wearing one since I was 12, clearly means a lot to me in fact for the longest time I wore one on my left hand per tradition which was that it would one day be replaced by an engagement ring that would also represent those same things.  I also value the ability to learn, growth, peace, tolerance, diversity, equality. I believe in overcoming adversity, resilience, strength not of just the body but of the mind and spirit. I believe intelligence is not always intellect. I have liberal and conservative views. I don’t like labels. I don’t like hypocrites. I don’t like (organized) religion. I am spiritual but not religious. I don’t know what to believe. Empathy is important. Helping others means you help yourself however the former is much more important than the latter. Words matter just as much as actions. There is more to this life than money and materialistic things. Happiness is what you make it. We should always try to be better versions of ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment