Saturday, February 21, 2015

Curveballs-2/21




For some of us life seems to be really good at throwing us curveballs. Sometimes these curveballs get us a home run and sometimes we end up striking out. I know I have had plenty of them in my life, enough for a lifetime really, and I’m sure there are more yet to come. I am a person who is very analytical but one who is also intuitive and sometimes these two sides of me battle it out. My analytical side will cause me to lay in bed and run through all kinds of possibilities and scenarios. At the same time I am listening to my gut and taking into account what it is saying. I have listened to both my head and my heart and there are times when both have steered me wrong. 
Some say it’s not what life throws at you or how hard or how many times you get knocked down, it’s about getting back up. More often than not the curveballs life throws at us are not strong enough to take us out but if we let it them, they can keep us down. Resilience and strength. Some say these build character.
When it comes to the things life had in store for us, some people believe in luck others believe that things happen strictly because of our own doing. Well I believe life is a combination of the two. There are times when we make mistakes and have to deal with the consequences. Yet there are other times in life when good or bad things just happen that are beyond our control and we are then left to deal with the aftermath.
Regardless of what life throws at us the important thing is that we keep stepping up to the plate, taking our swings and hoping for the best. So here’s to hoping for a home run.

No comments:

Post a Comment